Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large green peppers (cut and deseeded)
- 1 lb. ground lean beef or turkey
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 can french onion soup
- 2 x ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ cups uncooked rice
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (or any cooking oil)
- Set your pressure cooker to Sauté mode.
- When cooker is hot, add oil to pot, and then add diced onions. Sauté onions until brown and caramelized.
- Add ground meat, salt and pepper. Brown meat, breaking it into small pieces.
- Add a french onion soup, rice and water. Mix. There’ll be some liquid from the meat already. Be careful not to add too much water to the mixture so the rice won’t get too wet.
- Cancel sauté mode. Cover cooker, making sure to lock the lid. Set steam release to seal.
- Set cooker to high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Quick release after cooking is done. Stir rice & meat mixture.
- Stuff green peppers with mixture.
- Remove extra mixture from cooker. Add about ¼ cup water to cooker.
- Return stuffed peppers to cooker, set cooker to steam or 4 minutes on high pressure.
- Quick or natural release after cooking time.
- Serve hot.