Instant Pot Swiss Steak
- 2 lbs. thick hamburger patties or cube steak
- 1 can fire roasted or diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion cubed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Mix dry ingredients together. Sprinkle over both sides of steak
- Turn pot on to sauté mode. Heat oil.
- Once pot shows as hot, brown steak on both sides still in sauté mode.
- Remove steak, set aside.
- Add onions to oil. Cook until softened.
- Add tomatoes, scraping up browned bits if any. Continue in sauté mode to cook down
liquiduntil tomato mixture is thick.
- Return steaks to pot, covering meat with thickened tomato mixture.
- Cover and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes