Pressure Cooker Chicken & Rice
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 piece chicken breast cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rice (washed)
- 1 cup chicken broth (or 1 tsp chicken base + 1 cup water)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups carrots, potatoes, or green beans (or a mixture of all of them)
- Set pressure cooker to sauté mode. Once hot, heat cooking oil. Add garlic, salt, pepper and cut chicken. Stir until chicken is about half cooked.
- Add uncooked rice, chicken broth. Mix well. Cover and set pressure cooker to cook on high pressure for 8 - 10 minutes. Allow longer if using brown rice.
- Quick release. Add cream, stir.
- Add green beans. Cover and cook on high pressure for another 2 minutes.
- Quick release, serve hot.