Pressure Cooker Spaghetti
- 2 lbs. ground beef or turkey
- 1 tsp chopped garlic or garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt (or less if you prefer)
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 1 egg
- ½ lb. dry, uncooked spaghetti
- 1 jar 67oz spaghetti sauce
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- ½ tsp chopped garlic
- Mix ground meat, dry seasoning and egg well. Use a small ice cream scoop to make evenly sized meatballs.
- Set pressure cooker to sauté mode. Once hot, add oil and garlic.
- Add meatballs in one layer. Turn over meatballs to brown evenly. Remove meatballs. Set aside. Continue working in batches until all meatballs are browned. Note: They don’t have to be fully cooked as they will be cooked further later on.
- Add water to cooker, scraping bottom to release browned bits. Add about ½ cup of spaghetti sauce to the water. Mix well.
- Add uncooked spaghetti to pot. Add water until spaghetti is covered. Cook on high pressure at 4-5 minutes.
- Quick release, remove cooked spaghetti from cooker. Return meatballs to pot, add rest of spaghetti sauce. Cook on high pressure for another 8 minutes.
- Natural release. Serve meatballs, sauce on spaghetti. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if you wish.